No matter what kind of website you own, it is important to have a digital strategy in place. SEO is one of the core components of online marketing and is an ideal tool for small businesses and startups, given that it is cost-effective and result-oriented.
In this post, we have listed the only pointers you must know for selecting a SEO company.
- Don’t fall for big claims. SEO cannot change things for your website in a day – Period. As such, steer clear of companies that promise great things in a week or two.
- Ask about recent projects. When you are looking for SEO services in Manchester, you have to consider the experience of the shortlisted firms. To know that, ask about their recent projects and regular clients.
- Get references. If their work profile is not enough, you must ask for references. References are extremely useful for understanding the experience of other clients, and a reputed firm will never shy away from sharing the same.
- Seek reports regularly. SEO is a scalable process, and therefore, it is possible to track the growth of your website realistically. When you talk to an agency, ask them to offer SEO reports, at least once in two weeks.
- Get advice for your website. Not every website is SEO-friendly, and more often than not, changes must be made to the theme and content to incorporate the right elements and keywords. Usually, most agencies offer website audits for free.
- Estimate is important. As mentioned, SEO is comprehensible, and therefore, estimates can be offered in advance. You can expect to pay a monthly price to the agency, which covers the cost of their work.
- Get everything from the same agency. If the same agency handles PPC, social media marketing and other marketing strategies, you can ask for an all-inclusive package, which may help in saving some money.
Things to note
Please note that SEO is a continual process, and therefore, you have to hire a team that can understand and contribute to long-term goals of your website. If you are apprehensive about a service, give them a time scope of at least three months to prove their merit, after which you can choose to engage them on a yearly contract. When you check their work, don’t just focus on the better things. Ask them if they have failed in certain projects, and if yes, what’s their explanation for that.
Shortlist options now!